SHI and UHS: Office Closure and Clinical Visits
The Student Health Insurance office will be closed for in-person visits. However, you can still reach us via email at email@example.com or by calling 513-556-6868.
In order to best protect our patients and staff in this time of COVID, the following changes have been implemented:
- No walk ins – care is still available by appointment only. We are limiting face to face visits as much as possible.
- Please call 513-556-2564 for UHS and 513-584-4457 for Holmes Clinic and leave a voicemail. You will receive a call from a nurse or provider who may be able to address your concerns over the phone. Appointments will be made at the discretion of our providers only.
- Mental health and psychiatry appointments will also be converted to telephone visits whenever possible. You will receive a call from your provider to arrange this. We will not be able to accept referrals for new patients or complete ADHD evaluations at this time.
- The UHS pharmacy remains open for operation during our normal hours. If you are a student without access to University Health Services clinic/pharmacy, prescriptions issued by in-network providers will be subject to the out-of-pocket cost for your initial purchase. You will need to submit a major medical claim form to Healthsmart. You must have reached your deductible for the plan year, then any additional out-of-pocket expense will be reimbursed at 80% of the initial cost.
For SHIP students with COVID-19 concerns:
· Member cost-sharing will be waived, including copays, coinsurance and deductibles, for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· Any referral provision will be waived for COVID-19 tests and/or treatment. In the event a claim is denied for no referral, it can be appealed for reconsideration.
· All other treatment will be paid according to the benefits of your policy.
· UHC is encouraging members to take advantage of the Virtual Visit capability, available through the HealthiestYou mobile app. UHCSR insureds have access at no charge, when it’s included with their UHCSR medical plan. For more information, go to uhcsr.com/MyAccount.
· Optum is opening its Emotional-Support Help Line, providing access to specially trained mental health specialists to support people who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. Optum’s toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary.