UC Student Health Insurance Eligibility
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance is automatic for any student enrolled in a qualifying program, who registered for 6 or more credit hours or co-op. Students are given the option to waive this coverage, if they have coverage that meets the requirements.
Graduate students who enroll in less than 6 credit hours are eligible to request coverage, but will not be charged automatically. Students must be matriculated and taking at least 1 credit hour towards their degree. Students on dissertation, must only be enrolled in 1 credit hour per fiscal year (Fall-Summer). Students must complete an enrollment form for the semester in which they are requesting coverage, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th day of the term.
Loss of Coverage
Students that experience a loss of coverage in the middle of the term, and meet the above requirements are eligible to enroll in coverage. For additional information, please refer to Qualifying Life Events (QLE).
Students enrolled in the below list of programs do not qualify to receive the student health insurance and will not be charged the premium.
- Online Programs (Academic Sub-Plans beginning with an asterisk " * ")
- College Credit Plus – Main Campus (Academic Plan = NMAT99-CCP)
- College Credit Plus – Blue Ash (Academic Plan = NMAT28-CCP)
- College Credit Plus – Clermont (Academic Plan = NMAT34-CCP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Main Camus (Academic Plan = NMAT-DEP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Blue Ash (Academic Plan = NMAT28-DEP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Clermont (Academic Plan = NMAT34-DEP)
- GCCCU Consortium Program – UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT-CRST)
- GCCCU Consortium Program – GRAD (Academic Plan = NMATG-CRST)
- Senior Audit – Main Campus UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT40-SA)
- Senior Audit – Main Campus GRAD (Academic Plan = NMAT40-GA)
- Senior Audit – Law (Academic Plan = NMAT24-SA)
- CECH Professional Development – UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT18-PDU)
- CECH Professional Development – GRAD (Academic Plan = NMAT18-PDG)
- CEAS CQU in China Programs (Academic Sub-Plan = EE-CQ or ME-CQ)
Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- The insured’s legal spouse
- The insured’s domestic partner, which is; the insured’s sole spousal equivalent, lives in the same residency as the insured, and is responsible with the insured for each other’s welfare.
- Dependent children up to age 26
- Disabled children beyond age 26 if the child is; incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of intellectual disability or physical handicap; or chiefly dependent upon the Insured for support and maintenance
- Children for whom the parent is required by court or administrative order to provide coverage
Once added, dependent coverage cannot be cancelled in the middle of the plan year.