Students enrolled in a qualifying program, who are registered for 6 or more credit hours or co-op, are charged the Student Health Insurance. Students will activate their coverage by completing the Student Health Insurance Requirement under their Task list in Catalyst by selecting Enroll/Opt-In. Students are given the option to waive the Student Health Insurance if they have coverage that meets the requirements. If students charged take no action, they will automatically be enrolled in coverage at the end of the enrollment/waiver period.
- UC full-time, active employees who qualify for, and are enrolled under, University benefits at the beginning of the semester are exempt from this process
- Dependents of UC Employees are required to submit a complete and accurate UC Student Health Insurance Waiver and are not exempt from this process.
Graduate students who enroll in less than 6 credit hours are eligible to request coverage, but will not be charged automatically. Students must be matriculated and taking at least 1 credit hour towards their degree. Students on dissertation in the fall taking 1 credit hour are eligible for spring coverage.
New Process for Fall 2022 for Graduate Students
Students must complete the Student Health Insurance Requirement under their Task List by selecting 'Enroll/Opt-In'. By doing so coverage will be activated and the charge added to the account within 7 business days.
Eligible students who enroll may also insure their dependents. Family plan coverage is for the full year (August - August). Once added, dependent coverage cannot be cancelled in the middle of the plan year.
Eligible dependents include: legal spouse, domestic partner, which is; the insured’s sole spousal equivalent, lives in the same residency as the insured, and is responsible with the insured for each other’s welfare, dependent children up to age 26, disabled children beyond age 26 if the child is; incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of intellectual disability or physical handicap; or chiefly dependent upon the Insured for support and maintenance, children for whom the parent is required by court or administrative order to provide coverage
Qualifying Life Event
Students that experience a loss of coverage in the middle of the term, and meet the above requirements are eligible to enroll in coverage as a Qualifying Life Event.
Students that have new dependents (recently married/newborn) can add coverage in the middle of the term as long as the student is currently enrolled in coverage and meets the eligibility requirements through a Qualifying Life Event. For a list of eligible dependents please see the Family Plan Enrollment Form
Students enrolled in the below list of programs do not qualify to receive the student health insurance and will not be charged the premium.
- Online Programs (Academic Sub-Plans beginning with an asterisk " * ")
- College Credit Plus – Main Campus (Academic Plan = NMAT99-CCP)
- College Credit Plus – Blue Ash (Academic Plan = NMAT28-CCP)
- College Credit Plus – Clermont (Academic Plan = NMAT34-CCP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Main Camus (Academic Plan = NMAT-DEP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Blue Ash (Academic Plan = NMAT28-DEP)
- Dual Enrollment Program – Clermont (Academic Plan = NMAT34-DEP)
- GCCCU Consortium Program – UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT-CRST)
- GCCCU Consortium Program – GRAD (Academic Plan = NMATG-CRST)
- Senior Audit – Main Campus UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT40-SA)
- Senior Audit – Main Campus GRAD (Academic Plan = NMAT40-GA)
- Senior Audit – Law (Academic Plan = NMAT24-SA)
- CECH Professional Development – UGRD (Academic Plan = NMAT18-PDU)
- CECH Professional Development – GRAD (Academic Plan = NMAT18-PDG)
- CEAS CQU in China Programs (Academic Sub-Plan = EE-CQ or ME-CQ)