Student Health Insurance and University Health Services: Office Closure and Clinical Visits
The Student Health Insurance office will be closed for in-person visits. You can still reach us:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your student M# in the subject
- Call Zach Edwards @ 513-556-6082, or Leanna Chasteen @ 513-558-3896
In order to best protect our patients and staff in this time of COVID, the following changes have been implemented:
- NO WALK INS – care is still available by appointment only. We are limiting face to face visits as much as possible.
- Please call 513-556-2564 for UHS and leave a voicemail. You will receive a call from a nurse or provider who may be able to address your concerns over the phone. Appointments will be made at the discretion of our providers only.
- Mental health and psychiatry appointments will also be converted to telephone visits whenever possible. You will receive a call from your provider to arrange this. We will not be able to accept referrals for new patients or complete ADHD evaluations at this time.
- The UHS Pharmacy remains open for operation during our normal hours for prescription pickups. Outside locations will require the following information below at the time of the pick-up. This will account towards your policy deductible of $500 before applying to a 20% coinsurance.
|ID #||SRID #|
Student Health Insurance Updates
SHIP students with COVID-19 concerns:
· Member cost-sharing will be waived, including copays, coinsurance and deductibles, for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· Any referral provision will be waived for COVID-19 tests and/or treatment. In the event a claim is denied for no referral, it can be appealed for reconsideration.
· All other treatment will be paid according to the benefits of your policy.
· UHC is encouraging members to take advantage of the Virtual Visit capability, available through the HealthiestYou mobile app. UHCSR insureds have access at no charge, when it’s included with their UHCSR medical plan. For more information, go to uhcsr.com/MyAccount.
· Optum is opening its Emotional-Support Help Line, providing access to specially trained mental health specialists to support people who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. Optum’s toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary.
Telehealth Services by HealthiestYou
"Starting on the effective date of your policy, you have 24/7 access to medical advice through HealthiestYou, a national telehealth service. By calling the toll-free number listed on the front of your UHCSR medical card or visiting HealthiestYou, you have access to board-certified physicians via phone and/or video, where permitted. As an insured with StudentResources, there is no consultation fee for this service. Every call with HealthiestYou is covered at 100% during your policy."
If you are insured under this insurance plan and you call prior to the plan effective date, you will be charged a $40 service fee before being connected to a board-certified physician.
Zach Edwards: (513) 556-6082
Leanna Chasteen: (513) 558-3896
University Health Services
Richard E. Lindner Center
2751 O'Varsity Way, 3rd Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0010
Phone (513) 584-4457
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(Closed daily 12:15 p.m - 12:45 p.m.)