Academic, Clinical & Research Facilities
The University of Cincinnati Emergency Medicine residents rotate primarily at UCMC, but also spend significant time training in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. In addition, each clinical month in the ED incorporates shifts dedicated to learning the practice of community emergency medicine at Jewish Hospital and West Chester Hospital. Below is information about each of our clinical sites.
Academic & Research
3230 Eden Avenue
CIncinnati, OH 45267
The CARE/Crawley Building opened in 2008, providing 240,000 square feet of new space on UC’s medical campus, including lab, research, teaching and library facilities. The medical bookstore and Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library span the space between the Medical Sciences Building and CARE/Crawley Building
231 Albert Sabin Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267
The Medical Sciences Building (MSB), built in 1974, has long been home to UC's College of Medicine. The MSB houses College of Medicine laboratories and office and classroom space as well as Kresge Auditiorum. The medical bookstore and Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library span the space between the MSB and CARE/Crawley Building.
The Mount Reid Pavilion, opened in 1951, houses the Anesthesia Administrative offices. The UC Simulation Center is also located in the Medical Sciences Building.
Clinical & Research
234 Goodman Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Opening in 1823 as the country’s first teaching hospital, UC Medical Center has an international reputation, bringing thousands of people, from the region and around the world, to Cincinnati to receive care from world-renowned physicians in state-of-the-art medical facilities. UC Medical Center is home to the region's only adult Level I trauma center and is consistently ranked a "Best" hospital byU.S.News & World Report.
- 726 bed facility
- 75,000 visits to the ED annually
- Only level-1 trauma center in the Tristate area
- Serves both quaternary care patients as well as the Hamilton County indigent patient population
- Double and triple attending coverage, 24 hours a day
- Clinical Decision Unit for observational medicine
- Home of the Greater Cincinnati Stroke team-national leaders in the treatment of acute stroke
- Home of University Air Care & Mobile Care
- Psychiatric social services 24 hours a day
- Excellent social services and ancillary staff 24 hours a day
7700 University Court
West Chester, Ohio 45069
UC Health West Chester Hospital is a 160-bed acute care hospital in West Chester, Ohio, providing the latest technology delivered in a healing environment. The hospital is conveniently located and easily accessible from Interstate 75 at Tylersville Road. Services include a full-service emergency department, and inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and treatment services.
4777 E Galbraith Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Bon Secours Mercy Hospital - Jewish, part of the Mercy Health System, serves Cincinnati's northeast suburbs. Located just 10 miles from UC, all ED attendings are UC faculty members. The hospital features a community emergency department with high acuity population.
333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, a nonprofit academic medical center established in 1883, is one of the oldest and most distinguished pediatric hospitals in the United States, ranking as one of the top three pediatric hospitals in the country.
- 66,500 visits to the Emergency Department annually
- Pediatric level one trauma center
- Staffed 24 hours a day by fellowship-trained Pediatric Emergency Physicians
- International reputation for patient care, education and outreach
- An additional suburban community pediatric experience for senior residents at CCHMC-affiliated Liberty campus, 20 miles from CCHMC.
- Clinicians and researchers at CCHMC have academic appointments to the UC College of Medicine.