Recent Member Publications
- VonHandorf A, Zablon HA, Biesiada J, Zhang X, Medvedovic M, Puga A. Hexavalent chromium promotes differential binding of CTCF to its cognate sites in euchromatin. Epigenetics. 2020 Dec 15. doi: 10.1080/15592294.2020.1864168. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33319643.
- Pecquet AM, Maier A, Kasper S, Sumanas S, Yadav J. Exposure to perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) decreases neutrophil migration response to injury in zebrafish embryos. BMC Res Notes. 2020 Aug 31;13(1):408. doi: 10.1186/s13104- 020-05255-3. PMID: 32867820. PMCID: PMC7460781.
- Yadav E, Yadav N, Hus A, Yadav JS. Aquaporins in lung health and disease: Emerging roles, regulation, and clinical implications. Respir Med. 2020 Oct 17;174:106193. doi: 10.1016/j.rmed.2020.106193. Online ahead of print. Print 2020 Nov 1. 174;106193. PMID: 33096317
- Sun C, Limbach PA, Addepalli B. Characterization of UVA-Induced alterations to transfer RNA sequences. Biomolecules. 2020 Nov 8;10(11):E1527. doi: 10.3390/ biom10111527. PMID: 33171700. Co-author Balasubrahmanyan Addepalli, PhD, in the UC Department of Chemistry, received a 2019 New to EHS CEG Pilot award for his study, “UVR-induced tRNA modifications in melanoma: Role in tumor progression and metastasis?”
- Lee JE, Cho SG, Ko SG, Ahrmad SA, Puga A, Kim K. Regulation of a long noncoding RNA MALAT1 by aryl hydrocarbon receptor in pancreatic cancer cells and tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020 Sep 5:S0006-291X(20)31637-5. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2020.08. 053. PMID: 32900487.
- Romano ME, Gallagher LG, Eliot MN, Calafat AM, Chen A, Yolton K, Lanphear B, Braun JM. Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance mixtures and gestational weight gain among mothers in the Health Outcomes and Measures of the Environment study. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2020 Nov 9;231:113660. doi: 10.1016/j.ijheh.2020. 113660. PMID: 33181449.
- de Gannes M, Ko CI, Zhang X, Biesiada J, Niu L, Koch SE, Medvedovic M, Rubinstein J, Puga A. Dioxin disrupts dynamic DNA methylation patterns in genes that govern cardiomyocyte maturation.Toxicol Sci. 2020 Oct 5:kfaa153. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfaa153. PMID: 33017471.
- Xu X, Xie C, Taylor J, Niu L. ipDMR: Identification of differentially methylated regions with interval P values. Bioinformatics. 2020 Aug 17:btaa732. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btaa732. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32805005
- Li N, Papandonatos GD, Calafat AM, Yolton K, Lanphear BP, Chen A, Braun JM. Gestational and childhood exposure to phthalates and child behavior. Environ Int. 2020 Aug 12;144:106036. PMID: 32798801
- Reigle J, Secic D, Biesiada J, Wetzel C, Shamsaei B, Chu J, Zang Y, Zhang X, Talbot NJ, Bischoff ME, Zhang Y, Thakar CV, Gaitonde K, Sidana A, Bui H, Cunningham JT, Zhang Q, Schmidt LS, Linehan WM, Medvedovic M, Plas DR, Landero Figueroa JA, Meller J, Czyzyk-Krzeska MF. Tobacco smoking induces metabolic reprogramming of renal cell carcinoma. J Clin Invest. 2020 Sep 24:140522. doi: 10.1172/JCI140522. PMID: 32970633.
- Ren Y, Sivaganesan S, Clark NA, Zhang L, Biesiada J, Niu W, Plas DR, Medvedovic M. Predicting mechanism of action of cellular perturbations with pathway activity signatures. Bioinformatics. 2020 Jul 11:btaa590. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btaa590. Online ahead of print. PMID: 32653926
Note to Authors
Published articles supported in whole or in part by U.S. taxpayer dollars via a CEG Pilot, CEG New Investigator salary support or other CEG award must (1) acknowledge the support of the Center for Environmental Genetics, NIEHS award P30ES006096, and (2) comply with the NIH Public Access Policy.
The best way to ensure the grant is acknowledged is to include the grant number (P30ES006096) when submitting the manuscript. However, since many manuscript submission systems now have a designated window for listing grant numbers, you may need to work with your corresponding author, since you might not see all relevant grant numbers when the manuscript is circulated among multiple authors. Most publishers now submit accepted manuscripts to PubMed Central (PMC) automatically within a 1-year embargo period, and it then will comply with the Public Access Policy and get assigned a PMCID number. Note, this differs from the PMID! See Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.
A few journals, such as Reproductive Toxicology, do not submit automatically. In that case, you must either (1) specifically ask the journal to submit the final manuscript to PMC or (2) submit it yourself via the NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) and respond to all follow-up emails from NIHMS. (Overview here).
If the publisher has submitted the manuscript to PMC, all of the grant numbers cited in the manuscript should automatically be associated with it in PMC. However, in cases where the grant number is omitted from the manuscript at the time of submission, or if you had to submit the manuscript yourself to PMC, you as an author need to take an additional step to associate the grant number with the manuscript. This can be done via your MyNCBI\MyBibliography: Once an article has a PMCID (i.e., is Compliant with NIH Public Access Policy) or is at least marked as officially In Process, you as the author now should electronically associate the center’s NIEHS P30 ES006096 award to the Compliant or In Process publication via electronic tagging in MyNCBI\MyBibliography.
Note: This later step differs from merely including the P30ES006096 award in the text of your article’s Acknowledgments at time of publication. See a brief & helpful MyNCBI tutorial here.
Please do not associate the CEG award to your publication before it is Compliant or In Process for PMCID. When Non-Compliant papers are electronically associated with the CEG award (NIEHS P30ES006096) it can delay or even jeopardize the renewal of funding. Hence, your ongoing cooperation is vital.PMID: 33096317