International Student Immunization Requirements for Attending the University of Cincinnati.
Before arriving to the United States obtain the required immunizations and have your health care provider complete the form that was sent to you by University Health Services.
- Follow the directions emailed to you from Med+Proctor, the company that tracks compliance.
- Upload the form to Med+Proctor (according to their emailed directions) and bring the form with you.
- Attend your Health Screening appointment for TB testing & immunization review at UHS.
- Do not receive any immunizations within the four-week period prior to your arrival.
- Complete your pre-arrival checklist in the UC International I-Bearcats Global System to get your health screening appointment date.
- Do not get a TB test in your country (you will be tested here).
The required immunizations that you will need to have documented on your form:
- Hepatitis B ( 3 required) OR HBSAB *titer and result
- MMR ( 2 required) OR MMR *titer and result
- Meningoccal (A) Quadrivalent required for students who are 16 to 21 years of age
(One required on/after 16th birthday)
- Tdap (Adult dose,Tetanus,Diptheria,Accellular Pertussis) One adult Tdap booster given after 2006. If Tdap adult booster was given > than 10 years ago then a current Td adult booster is also required.
- Varicella (2 required) OR VZVIgG *titer and result or history of disease.
Submitting your information is easy!
Step 1: Register
Visit medproctor.com and click "register" to start a new account. Type in your school email address and follow the directions to register a new account.Under Profile in Med+Proctor:
- Select Requirement Group: International Student
Step 2: Download
Fill out any required personal and medical information including the TB questionnaire in Med+Proctor. Charges and fees are discussed on the Med+Proctor site. Please be sure to read all agreements. By checking the boxes you agree to the information provided within the agreements. Download the Immunization and Testing Certificate and follow the directions provided.
Step 3: Upload
Log back into your Med+Proctor account and upload a copy of your forms. Make sure that the forms are complete and legible. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.
Handy Tips and Information for Successful Upload of Records:
- A licensed healthcare provider MUST complete and sign the Med+Proctor immunization and testing certificate.
- Print clearly with dark black ink.
- Do not write outside of the lines or add extra information.
- Other forms of documentation can be uploaded as supporting documentation.
- Do not fold, cut, or mark on the border lines of the form.
- Review your form for completeness and accuracy. Double check all signatures.
- Use MM/DD/YY date formats.
- Forms can be uploaded by scanning or JPEG images. An easy upload tip: Lay your document on a flat surface and take a picture with your cell phone. Then all you have to do is to upload that picture!
- Please do not submit your documentation to University Health Services. If you plan to visit UHS for any of the required vaccines, download the Med+Proctor Immunization and Testing Certificate and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you already have records on file at UHS, they are not automatically uploaded to Med+Proctor. You must download your form and make an appointment with a UHS provider to get your form filled out. You must then upload your form into Med+Proctor along with any supporting information that is required.