Master of Public Health - Health Services Management Concentration
The study of health services management involves learning about health care systems, including organization quality and demand, clinical and financial management, health care reform, health law and policy analysis. The UC MPH Health Services Management concentration provides training in management, global health, leadership, informatics, quality improvement, innovation, community health development, policy development, advocacy, and overarching organizational strategy development and implementation. This program prepares students for positions within public health, healthcare and associated human services organizations.
All UC MPH concentrations are science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) designated. The classification of instructional program (CIP) code used for the UC MPH Program is 51.2202.
MPH-Health Services Management Concentration Competencies
Upon completion of the MPH degree in the Health Services Management Concentration, students will be able to:
Demonstrate the ability to incorporate systems thinking into public health practice and policy.
- Identify strategies to address internal and external problems that impact the delivery and assurance of essential public health services.
- Define and demonstrate effective leadership practices required to lead public health and health care systems and to build partnerships.
- Apply strategic management skills in the areas of administration, personnel, ethics, and finance related to public health practice and policy.
- Identify national and international determinants of access and delivery of health services for global health, disease, and vulnerable populations and the political and legal implications for public health systems.
- Develop and effectively communicate health systems policies and programs to both lay and professional audiences with cultural.
- Articulate how to design and conduct studies of effectiveness, efficiency, and outcomes of health services programs, interventions, and policies.
Explore MPH-Health Services Management Careers