Master of Public Health
The Master of Public Health (MPH) Program at the University of Cincinnati (UC) College of Medicine is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Our mission is to promote health, prevent disease, and protect the environment of our communities, locally and beyond. We achieve this through our evidence-based interdisciplinary approaches in education, research, practice, and community engagement.
Uniquely situated in the Cincinnati Tri-state Area, our program offers opportunities to interact with internationally recognized faculty and leading public health professionals from the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, UC Health, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), regional and local health departments, and more.
We promote and value the following five core principles:
- Health Equity in Populations and Communities
- Scientific and Academic Integrity
- Evidence-Based Multidisciplinary Approaches
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Engagement and Advocacy
The University of Cincinnati MPH degree curriculum consists of a minimum of 42 credit hours of coursework involving:
- MPH Core Courses (19 credit hours)
- Concentration Required Courses and Elective Courses (Minimum 18 credit hours)
- Applied Practice Experience (APE) (2 credit hours)
- Students will complete a total of 120 supervised hours under the direction of an approved preceptor at a public health agency, healthcare related agency, or associated health and human services agency. The site will be selected by the student from a listing of available, approved sites within their concentration of choice and must be approved by the course director.
- Integrated Learning Experience (ILE) (3 credit hours)
- Students must choose between a Capstone or Thesis option to fulfill this requirement.
As a professional degree, skills gained through the UC MPH Program are recognized as being directly applicable to public health practice and careers worldwide. The UC offers opportunities to earn an MPH in the following areas:
- Environmental Public Health
- Global Health
- Health Education & Promotion
- Health Services Management
- Occupational Public Health
How to Apply
MPH Program admission is available on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Public Health Sciences
Kettering Lab Building
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056