Master of Public Health - Global Health Concentration
Global health is the understanding of health care in an international and interdisciplinary framework while focusing on improving health and health care equity for populations worldwide. Global health has become a significant area of interest in part due to globalization and the COVID-19 pandemic. The UC MPH-Global Health concentration provides training in analytical and methodological skills to effectively assess population health and disease surveillance, human subject ethics, and risk exposure. This program prepares students to critically evaluate key challenges, policies, and processes as they affect the health of populations in a global context. Students will build skills around strategic planning, professional networking, crisis management, and the development of policy initiatives under international frameworks and institutions, including diplomacy and leadership.
All UC MPH concentrations are science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) designated. The classification of instructional program (CIP) code used for the UC MPH Program is 51.2202.
MPH-Global Health Concentration Competencies
Upon completion of the MPH degree in the Global Health Concentration, students will be able to:
- Understand global health priorities and factors that influence the health of populations around the world.
- Analyze key issues in global health; and describe how global health policy, research, and programs are formulated and directed at local, national, and international levels.
- Design, implement, and evaluate research studies and/or evidence-based programs and interventions to improve the health of individuals, communities, and populations.
- Understand the relevant models for health service delivery and develop strategies to assure health program sustainability in different international contexts.
- Demonstrate competency in fundamental ethical, moral, and legal principles pertaining to public health practices in diverse cultural settings.
- Collaborate with a range of international stakeholders and effectively communicate global health information to diverse audiences.
Explore MPH-Global Health Careers
Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Public Health Sciences
Kettering Lab Building
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056