For future students, and students admitted Fall 2019 semester or later.
The University of Cincinnati MPH degree curriculum consists of a minimum of 42 credit hours of coursework involving:
- MPH Core Courses (19 credit hours)
- Concentration Required Courses and Elective Courses (Minimum 18 credit hours)
- Applied Practice Experience (APE) (2 credit hours)
Students will complete a total of 120 supervised hours under the direction of an approved preceptor at a public health agency, healthcare related agency, or associated health and human services agency. The site will be selected by the student from a listing of available, approved sites within their concentration of choice and must be approved by the course director.
- Integrated Learning Experience (ILE) (3 credit hours)
Students must choose between a Capstone or Thesis option to fulfill this requirement.
Curriculum For Each Concentration (Effective Fall 2019-Present):
- MPH - Biostatistics (PDF)
- MPH - Environmental Public Health (PDF)
- MPH - Epidemiology (PDF)
- MPH - Global Health (PDF)
- MPH - Health Education & Promotion (PDF)
- MPH - Health Services Management (PDF)
- MPH - Occupational Public Health (PDF)
Previous Program CurriculumIf you are an MPH Student admitted prior to the Fall 2019 Semester, please use the curriculum guidelines below.
Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Public Health Sciences
Kettering Lab Building
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056