Clinical faculty in the UC Department of Radiology are members of UC Health, which in partnership with the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, brings together the region’s top clinicians and researchers to provide world-class care to our community.
UC Health is made up of:
- University of Cincinnati Physicians, the largest group of physicians and surgeons in the Cincinnati region
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, the area's premier teaching hospital and only Level 1 trauma center
- West Chester Hospital, the area’s newest state-of-the-art hospital
- Drake Center
- UC Health Surgical Hospital; Lindner Center of HOPE and several outpatient clinical sites in the community
Patient care is a major focus of the University of Cincinnati Department of Radiology with particular strengths in Neuroradiology, Pediatric Radiology, Body Imaging (Nuclear Medicine, CT, MR, Ultrasound) Breast Imaging (including Biopsy), Muskuloskeletal Radiology and Angio-Interventional procedures.
The department enjoys utilizing very advanced equipment for imaging and interventional procedures.
Excellent equipment and subspecialized faculty allow us to provide:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coincidence PET imaging for the evaluation of tumors
- CT and MR angiography
- Image fusion of nuclear medicine imaging with CT and MRI
- Intraarterial thrombolysis (stroke reversal) and coiling of cerebral aneurysm
- Thrombolysis and embolization
- TIPS procedure for liver disease
- Ultrasound evaluation of AV fistulas for kidney dialysis
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous biopsies
- Open MRI Surgical Suite
We provide a full range of radiological procedures from basic plain films to highly advanced technical radiological procedures.