Skip to main content
Departments / Environmental & Public Health Sciences / Divisions / Epidemiology / How to Apply / Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research

How to Apply (Certificate in Clinical & Translational Research)


  • If applying for the Epidemiology MS or PhD Programs, view how to apply.
  • If applying for the MS in Clinical & Translational Research, view how to apply.
  • If applying for the Molecular Epidemiology in Children's Environmental Health Training Program (MECEH), view how to apply.

The Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research is designed to provide an introduction to clinical and translational research.  Interested candidates should possess a baccalaureate degree with a minimum 3.0 or equivalent GPA.

Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year and, upon acceptance, students can begin the program in any term.

The deadlines are as follows:

  • Autumn: July 15
  • Spring: November 15
  • Summer: April 15

The following materials are required from all applicants:

  1. Graduate School Application: Applicants will be required to pay the $25 application fee.
  2. Personal Reference: One reference is required.  You will be asked to enter information for your personal reference as part of the Graduate School application (item 1). Your reference will then receive an email with their login information and a link where they can upload a letter of recommendation/respond to a series of questions about you.  Your reference should contact the Program Coordinator, Beth Virant at if they have questions.
  3. Current CV or resume.
  4. Career Goals and Personal Summary
  5. Proof of English Proficiency for International Students (One of the following):
    • Official TOEFL scores: Minimum of 80 Internet-based or a score of 20 or higher on each of the three components of the new "paper-delivered test". Scores should be sent to UC using its CEEB code: 1833.
    • Official IELTS scores: Minimum of 6.5 Overall Band score. Send scores to the Graduate School's e-download account: University of Cincinnati - Graduate School
      110 Van Wormer Hall
      PO Box 210627
      Ohio, 45221-0627
      United States
    • Duolingo English Scores: Minimum of 105. Submit scores by logging into your Duolingo account:
      • Scroll down to the results that you would like to share, and click “Send Results”
      • Select “University” Type in “University of Cincinnati Graduate Programs” and click the checkbox; press “Next”
      • Confirm that your information is correct and submit
    • Automatic English Waiver are issued for completing a baccalaureate or higher degree from Country listed on graduate school's page.
    • Applicants can request an English waiver by sending steps 1 and 2 of the USMLE directly to the graduate school:
  6. Unofficial transcript(s) from all colleges/universities where you received a degree. These will be uploaded into the application system.
  7. Official transcript from the college/university in which you received your most recent degree. The official transcript will be sent straight to the UC Graduate School. Please contact the graduate studies office,,  for more information.
Directory Search


Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Epidemiology
Kettering Lab Building
Room 133
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056

Phone: 513-558-5704