How to Apply (MS & PhD Program)
- If applying for the MS in Clinical & Translational Research, view how to apply.
- If applying for the Certificate in Clinical & Translational Research, view how to apply.
- If applying for the Molecular Epidemiology in Children's Environmental Health Training Program (MECEH), view how to apply.
PhD Epidemiology Funding Opportunities
Only students applying to the full-time PhD program in Epidemiology are eligible to receive University Graduate Assistantship and/or Scholarship (UGA/UGS) funding. UGA/UGS funding is not available for our MS or part-time PhD programs in Epidemiology. Graduate Assistant funding applications must be completed by February 1st.
UGA/UGS funding is also not available for our MS or Certificate programs in Clinical and Translational Research, but students are encouraged to see if they’re eligible to obtain tuition funding from their department or employer.
Admissions Processes and Deadlines
The deadline for completion of applications (including submission of all application materials and, if necessary, an interview) is one month prior to the beginning of the term for which the applicant is seeking admission. For example, for consideration for Fall enrollment the deadline would approximately be late-July and for Spring enrollment it would be early-December. These deadline dates can be ascertained from the university’s academic calendar.
You will need the following to complete your application:
- Contact Information
- College(s) attended
- Selection of your desired program
- CV or resume
- Statement of Purpose and objectives
- Unofficial Transcripts for ALL higher education institutions attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic or professional background.
- Official GRE scores (University of Cincinnati Code: 1833)
- English Proficiency Requirement: International applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS exam and submit official scores directly from the testing agency.
- International transcripts should be evaluated by WES
- Transcript Submission for Admission: Official transcripts of all colleges and universities must be submitted. These must be official, therefore copies cannot replace official records from higher educational institutions attended.
Arrange to have all transcripts sent to:
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210627
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0627
Additionally, many schools now send transcripts electronically. The Graduate School accepts electronic transcripts sent directly by the school as official transcripts. These documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit "Prospective & Future Students" at the UC Graduate School.
The Admissions Committee take into account many factors for admissions decisions.
Applicants recommended for admission may be interviewed prior to a final admissions determination.
Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Epidemiology
Kettering Lab Building
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056