Student Wellness Retreats @ Turner Farm
Student Wellness Retreats are inter-professional, experiential learning opportunities open to all Academic Health Center students and have most recently taken place at Turner Farm, an organic farm in Indian Hill. In-person retreats have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 protocols.
To expose health professions students to concepts of mindful eating/living, food as medicine, wellness, and the concepts of the national Teaching Kitchen Collaborative, in partnership with a local organic farm.
- 5-hour retreat on Saturday at Turner Farm in Indian Hill
- Open to 16 health profession students
- Interprofessional, experiential learning with UC faculty/staff, Turner Farm board members and staff, and local chef
- Cost to attend is $10 which includes food and instruction
- Student Retreat Sample Agenda (DOC)
In-person retreats have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 protocols.
Contact Lisa at email@example.com for additional information.
See slideshow below for images from the first Student Wellness Retreat in November 2016.
Recipes (PDF) and Info from Chef Stephanie @ Turner Farm
How to Cook Grains (PDF)
Healthy, Happy Pantry (PDF)