Student Wellness Retreats @ Turner Farm
Student Wellness Retreats are inter-professional, experiential learning opportunities open to all Academic Health Center students. Retreats take place at Turner Farm, an organic farm in Indian Hill.
To expose health professions students to concepts of mindful eating/living, food as medicine, wellness, and the concepts of the national Teaching Kitchen Collaborative, in partnership with a local organic farm.
- 5-hour retreat on Saturday at Turner Farm in Indian Hill
- Open to 16 health profession students
- Interprofessional, experiential learning with UC faculty/staff, Turner Farm board members and staff, and local chef
- Cost to attend is $10 which includes food and instruction
- Student Retreat Sample Agenda (DOC)
In-person retreats have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 protocols.
Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
See slideshow below for images from the first Student Wellness Retreat in November 2016.
Recipes (PDF) and Info from Chef Stephanie @ Turner Farm
How to Cook Grains (PDF)
Healthy, Happy Pantry (PDF)