Our Vision, Mission & History
Our vision is to be transformational leaders in integrative health and wellness.
Our mission is to improve the health of our local and global community through innovative, internationally-recognized research, education, clinical practice, and community engagement efforts focused on integrative health and wellness.
In 2009, the University of Cincinnati partnered with Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center to form the UC-Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center Integrative Health Steering Collaborative.
This interdisciplinary group of staff and faculty worked together to accelerate the rate at which integrative health endeavors were being integrated into the mission of UC’s Academic Health Center.
The steering collaborative has since evolved into a larger group of core center faculty, affiliated faculty, integral staff, stakeholders and community partners.
Today, the Center for Integrative Health and Wellness encompasses over 30 core center faculty members from 12 departments at UC health colleges and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and the VA Medical Center. Some key accomplishments include:
- Membership since 2009 in the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health
- Research grants from the National Institute of Health, specifically in mind/body medicine and supplements
- Inpatient Integrative Health services at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Integrative Medicine Weil Fellowship and Institute of Functional Medicine trained physicians
- Enhanced medical student curriculum in integrative medicine
- Collaboration with community integrative health practitioners