Searching for a way to support UC students AND give back to the community?
Why not sign up to precept at the UC Student Run Free Clinic at the Healing Center?
The UC Student Run Free Clinic (SRFC) is open and we need your help to precept the students. The clinic is open every Saturday morning at the Healing Center, 11345 Century Cir W, Cincinnati, OH 45246. You must be a primary care or emergency physician employed by UC Health to volunteer at the clinic.
- Volunteer Hours 8:30-12:00 p.m.
- Adult patients without medical insurance
- Acute complaints
Your role at SRFC on Clinic Days
- Engage in teaching medical students and offering feedback for clinical examinations and presentations
- Debrief the session with students
- Students will take notes and distribute to student leaders and medical directors, Drs. Megan Rich & Joseph Kiesler.
The clinic is staffed by one physician preceptor, pharmacist preceptor, a medical student clinic manager, and other combinations of students from the health professions (ex. medical and pharmacy students). We expect to see 1-4 patient visits each clinic day. New COVID precautions have been implemented including but not limited to: sanitation, PPE, physical distancing, and patient screening.
As UC faculty, your professional liability coverage for this volunteer precepting is through the University and UCP, Inc. It is recommended that you let your Chair know of your volunteer involvement.