Searching for a way to support UC pharmacy students AND give back to the community?
Why not sign up to precept at the UC Student Run Free Clinic at the Healing Center?
The UC Student Run Free Clinic (SRFC) is open and we need your help to precept the pharmacy students. The clinic is open every Saturday morning at the Healing Center, 11345 Century Cir W, Cincinnati, OH 45246. You must be a licensed pharmacist to volunteer at the clinic.
- Volunteer Hours 8:30-12:00 p.m.
- Adult patients without medical insurance
- Acute complaints
Your role at SRFC on Clinic Days
- Engage in teaching pharmacy students and offering feedback for clinical presentations, as well as management of OTC meds and prescription support.
- Be prepared to answer student questions regarding OTC medications and acute care conditions. You may also be asked to assist with blood pressure or blood glucose screenings.
- Debrief the session with the full student team
- Students will take notes and distribute to student leaders and medical directors, Drs. Megan Rich & Joseph Kiesler and pharmacy faculty, Dr. Elizabeth Schlosser.
The clinic is staffed by one physician preceptor, pharmacist preceptor, a medical student clinic manager, and other combinations of students from the health professions (ex. medical and pharmacy students). We expect to see 1-4 patient visits each clinic day. New COVID precautions have been implemented including but not limited to: sanitation, PPE, physical distancing, and patient screening.