Practical Tools for Starting a Mindfulness Practice 5-Week Series
This 5-week virtual mindfulness course will help you understand how to incorporate mindfulness practice as a consistent habit in a way that is right for you.
Next Class Date: February 7 - March 7, 2023
- Virtual weekly meetings on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Participants will never be forced to share with the larger group but smaller breakout rooms are an important part of the weekly virtual meetings
- Additional email support with your instructor is available outside of class time including weekly email recaps and daily emails with additional resources
- Audio-guided practices for sustained practice
If you're looking for a more intensive mindfulness program, view our upcoming 8-Week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program.
Why should you enroll in this course?
The benefits of mindfulness include decreased stress and anxiety, increased focus and concentration, and improved sleep, communication, relationships, and physical well-being. These benefits can come from brief practices integrated into your day, but habitual practice is key for sustaining improvements.
This 5-week series is perfect if you lead a busy life but understand the importance of mindfulness and are looking to make mindfulness a habitual part of your day. This series is open to all members of the community with varying levels of stress and different life circumstances.
- Practical application of mindfulness techniques in the workday
- Developing a personalized mindfulness routine
- Identifying barriers and overcoming challenges to continued mindfulness practice
- Enriching physical and social environments that lend themselves to sustained practice
Meet your Instructor: Meriden McGraw, MS, MPH
Certified MSBR Teacher | Wholebeing Institute Positive Psychology Coach