The application period for the 2021-22 academic year is now closed.
The application portal for the 2022-23 academic year will open on October 1, 2021. Review of applications for admission will begin on December 1, 2021. Applications must be completed by June 30, 2022.
ABOUT THE SPECIAL MASTER'S PROGRAM IN PHYSIOLOGY
The master's (MS) in physiology is a one-year program designed to help college graduates strengthen their academic credentials in preparation for application to U.S. medical schools (please see our success rate table). The cornerstone of the MS program curriculum provides our students with a significant integrated experience with first-year medical students (M1) at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Additionally, students are paired with faculty and peer mentors who help guide each student throughout the year.
Our master's program is approximately 10 months in duration (it begins in mid-August and ends in early June). Participants can only enroll in the program as full-time students.
While there is no guarantee that completion of this program will lead to acceptance to medical school, the master's program provides credentials that allow for direct comparison of our graduates to current medical school students at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Since 2007, we have helped nearly 90% of each graduating class gain acceptance to medical school. While there are no guarantees, the MS in Physiology program provides a direct comparison with medical students and will significantly strengthen your application credentials. Here are some quick facts about our program:
- Our small class size (40 students) allows us to devote significant resources to each student.
- Over half of the year is spent alongside medical students, taking the same classes and working alongside them.
- The Program Director writes periodic updates on each student and sends them to the school(s) of their choosing.
- Our Capstone Project offers the opportunity to work one-on-one with a faculty adviser on a comprehensive literature or laboratory-based project.
- The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine is a consistently highly ranked, well-respected medical school, and is the second-oldest public medical school in the country (founded 1819).
- Cincinnati is an affordable and fun city to live in, with a plethora of beautiful parks and diverse social offerings.
SMP Alumnus and current UCCOM M2 student awarded the 2016 Alpha Omega Alpha Carolyn L. Kuckein Student Research Fellowship.
Contact UsPhysiology (MS) Program
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 670576
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0576
Emma C Jones, MA
Medical Sciences Building