How to Apply
Admissions Processes and Deadlines
The deadline for completion of applications (including submission of all application materials and, if necessary, an interview) is one month prior to the beginning of the term for which the applicant is seeking admission. For example, for consideration for Fall enrollment the deadline would approximately be late-July and for Spring enrollment it would be early-December. These deadline dates can be ascertained from the university’s academic calendar. Graduate Assistant funding applications must be completed by December 15th.
You will need the following to complete your application:
- Contact Information
- College(s) attended
- Selection of your desired program
- CV or resume
- Statement of Purpose and objectives
- Unofficial Transcripts for ALL higher education institutions attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic or professional background.
- English Proficiency Requirement: International applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS exam and submit official scores directly from the testing agency.
- International transcripts should be evaluated by WES
- Transcript Submission for Admission: Official transcripts of all colleges and universities must be submitted. These must be official, therefore copies cannot replace official records from higher educational institutions attended.
Arrange to have all transcripts sent to:
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210627
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0627
Additionally, many schools now send transcripts electronically. The Graduate School accepts electronic transcripts sent directly by the school as official transcripts. These documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit "Prospective & Future Students" at the UC Graduate School.
The Admissions Committe take into account many factors for admissions decisions.
Applicants recommended for admission may be interviewed prior to a final admissions determination.