How to Apply
Interested candidates for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience’s Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program are invited to discuss their training interests with:
Michael Keys, MD
Program Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program
Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience
Point of Contact:
Program Coordinator for Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience
260 Stetson Street, Suite 3200
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Fellowship requirements into our program include:
- A completed fellowship application.
- An official medical school transcript impressed with the medical school seal and an original or notarized copy of medical school diploma.
- A Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter) from the medical school from which Resident graduated.
- A minimum of two letters of reference.
- Proof of employment eligibility. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have active, unexpired visas that allow for clinical training or evidence of permanent U.S. immigrant status. This visa must remain active during the entire period of Fellow’s participation in the Fellowship Program.
- Graduates of foreign medical schools, both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals, must have a current and valid ECFMG certification.
- A permanent license to practice medicine in the State of Ohio or a training certificate granted by the State Medical Board of Ohio. A resident may participate in the training program if the Hospital has received an acknowledgment letter from the State Medical Board that Resident’s application for either a permanent license or training certificate has been received.
- Documentation of successful passage of Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills of the United States Medical Licensing Examination/and or COMLEX equivalents. This documentation must be submitted prior to the trainee’s program start date.
- Such other and future information that Hospital may request in connection with Resident’s credentials.