Biomedical Informatics Events
The Biomedical Informatics team at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center offers several event series for the academic research community. All interested Cincinnati Children's, UC, and UC Health faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend and invited to consider presenting. To inquire about presenting, contact the BMI event series coordinator.
Friday Lecture Series
For the 2018-19 academic year, our research-focused speaker series will be offered on Fridays at 11 am. Topics will rotate between:
- Hutton Lectures – formal presentations on current research in biomedical and clinical informatics
- Clinical Informatics Workshops – networking forum for clinical informatics researchers to discuss current research projects
- Computational Biology Workshops – networking forum gathers researchers and students to focus on topics in molecular biology, molecular modeling, proteins and protein-protein interactions
- IS Talks to Research – Presentations by Information Services leadership at Cincinnati Children's to the research communities at Cincinnati Children’s and the University of Cincinnati.
Subscribe to our email list for event notifications
Software training opportunities
We offer training on various software packages used for research purposes.
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed exclusively to support data capture for research studies, allowing users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and securely. Various levels of training are offered on an ongoing basis for researchers at Cincinnati Children's and the University of Cincinnati. For a complete schedule of upcoming training opportunities, visit UC's Center for Clinical & Translational Science & Training (CCTST).
- University of Cincinnati Libraries Workshops. The UC Libraries provide training on topics such as REDCap, MEDLINE, Programming in R, Prezi, Scopus and more. Check the library's workshop schedule at http://webcentral.uc.edu/hslclass/home.aspxThis link opens in a new window.. All workshops are open to Cincinnati Children’s employees but you cannot register online. To register, call the library at 513-558-0127. If you have an urgent need for instruction on a class normally scheduled by the libraries, please contact Assistant Director Lori E. Harris.
Application Specialist Meetings
Biomedical Informatics sponsors a monthly meeting for application specialists at Cincinnati Children's Research Foundation. The goal of these meetings is to keep everyone updated on the latest resources and services available to Cincinnati Children's
researchers and to discuss any research IT-related issues. All research application specialists are welcome to attend. Meetings typically are scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month at 10:30 am in T10.338.