Externship Program for the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
The current COVID-19 pandemic visitor restrictions have been lifted by the UC College of Medicine, and the OMS in-person Externship will resume on October 5, 2020.
UC – OMFS offers externships to dental & medical students for a minimum period of 1 week.
Students seeking externships must provide the following:
- Proof of malpractice insurance coverage
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Letter from your Dean or Registrar stating that you are in good standing and have approval to spend time on our elective
- Copy of your current CV
- Recent color photo
- Copy of most recent CPR certification
- Copy of current immunization record
- Each Extern is required to reserve appropriate housing accommodations during your scheduled visit. Please request a list of surrounding hotels from the Program Coordinator if needed.
Every effort will be made to ensure that the extern participates in all aspects of care provided by the service. This would involve taking call with the OMFS resident, scrubbing in on cases in the OR, seeing patients at the clinic and participating in didactic activities with faculty and residents.
Click UCCOM Visiting Student Application to download the UC application (PDF) and click UC Health Visiting Student Application to download the UC Health application (PDF). Both the UC and the UC Health applications must be completed. The Division of OMFS uses the same elective application that the UC medical students use. Simply substitute “medical” with “dental”. Supplemental materials may be mailed to Division of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery, Attn: Externship, 200 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0461, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Questions, please contact: Yvonne.Hawkins, Yvonne.Hawkins@uc.edu or (513) 584-2589.