Application and Selection Process
Selection of applicants will be conducted by the Program Director, with the consultation of other faculty members in the division.
Applicants are selected based on a review of submitted documentation, relative academic strength and other criteria determined by the Program Director.
Applicants must have an MD or DO degree from an accredited institution, completed an ACGME-accredited residency in diagnostic radiology and must be eligible for board certification or certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Applicants must also be eligible for licensure by the State Medical Board of Ohio.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials via email to the fellowship coordinator:
- Fellowship Application
- Current CV
- Personal statement including goals and professional plans
- Three letters of recommendation including a letter from the director of your residency program. Letters of recommendation must be dated and written within the past six months.
- Copies of USMLE or COMLEX transcripts (Steps 1, 2, and 3 are required prior to beginning fellowship)
- Copy of American Board of Radiology certificate or letter of successful completion of the core exam.
- Photo (optional)
Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview with the Program Director, other members of the Department, and the current fellow. Applications will be accepted after August 1. Interviews will be conducted from November 1 to March 31.
International Medical Graduates
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) interested in applying to our program must register with the National Match (if applicable). Foreign applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization. The University
of Cincinnati Medical Center sponsors J-1 visas only for training programs.
Individuals must have graduated from medical school within the past five years, completed an ACGME-accredited four-year residency in diagnostic radiology, be board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Radiology, must have passed all
steps of the USMLE or COMLEX (including Step 3) and possess a permanently validated ECFMG certificate. The ECFMG certificate must be valid at the start of fellowship or the fellow forfeits his/her position in the program. A valid Ohio medical
license or training certificate must be obtained prior to start of training. Fellows are selected on the basis of their medical training, general and academic achievements, and personal qualities. No preference is given to any particular medical
school or geographic area, nor is race, sex, or national origin a consideration.
In addition to the documents listed above, IMGs must also include in their application:
- Verification of ECFMG certification and photocopies of all USMLE exam results
- Copy of medical diploma (translation required)
- Medical School transcript
- Copies of previous GME experience (translation required)