How to Apply
Interested candidates for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience’s Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship are invited to discuss their training interests with:
Elizabeth Tiffany, M.D.
Director, Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
Point of Contact: Corey Bowman, Program Manager
As of the July 1, 2021, applicants will be required to apply through ERAS. For more information about applying through ERAS for fellowships, you can go to their website: https://students-residents.aamc.org/training-residency-fellowship/applying-fellowships-eras/. For more information about Addiction Psychiatry Fellowships, including recruitment guidelines, go to the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry's Fellowship page: https://www.aaap.org/fellowship/
Fellowship requirements for our program include:
- A completed fellowship application via ERAS.
- An official medical school transcript impressed with the medical school seal and an original or notarized copy of medical school diploma (needed prior to onboarding if selected for fellowship).
- A Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter) from the medical school from which Resident graduated.
- A minimum of 3 letters of reference. If currently a resident 1 letter must come from your current program director.
- A personal statement regarding your interest in addiction psychiatry training.
- Proof of employment eligibility. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have active, unexpired visas that allow for clinical training or evidence of permanent U.S. immigrant status. This visa must remain active during the entire period of Fellow’s participation in the Fellowship Program.
- Graduates of foreign medical schools, both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals, must have a current and valid ECFMG certification.
- A permanent license to practice medicine in the State of Ohio or a training certificate granted by the State Medical Board of Ohio. A fellow may participate in the training program if the Hospital has received an acknowledgment letter from the State Medical Board that fellow’s application for either a permanent license or training certificate has been received.
- Documentation of successful passage of Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills, and Step 3 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination/and or COMLEX equivalents. This documentation must be submitted prior to the trainee’s program start date.
Such other and future information that Hospital may request in connection with Resident’s credentials.