The Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology provide a majority of the service coverage for the resident and student experiences. Didactic sessions as well as simulations are some of the training sessions we conduct.
Many opportunities exist for our faculty to interact and educate our learners
- L&D Checkout rounds in the morning and evening
- Weekly Gyn Pre Op Conference
- Gyn Attending of the Week
- Ambulatory office sessions that include continuity of care, low and moderate risk obstetrics
- Gynecologic surgeries (Including minimally invasive, open, hysteroscopic and laparoscopic cases, combined cases with other services or subspecialties)
- Monthly Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Pathology Conference
Our division is home for the Medical Student Clerkship Director, Dr. Amy Thompson, who is active not only in our department but the College of Medicine on a broader aspect.
We work closely with the Residency Program Director to provide support for the mission of resident education and experience.
Faculty development of our members is an ongoing focus and supported by opportunities here within our department as well as our own UC College of Medicine.