Recruitment & Selection Policy
The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Training abides by the selection and recruitment policies set forth by the University of Cincinnati’s Office of Graduate Medical Education.
How to Apply
We currently have filled all positions for 2019 and 2020.
Two trainee openings (PGY-6/CF-4) for July 2021. These positions will be filled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The program does not accept paper applications. All relevant documentation must be submitted through ERAS.
In order to be eligible for acceptance into the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- MD or DO
- US citizenship, permanent resident, or J1 Visa status
- Completed 3 years of U.S. postgraduate training by the time of entry into the fellowship program in an ACGME accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Successful passage of Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3
Applicants must complete their ERAS application in the December recruitment cycle 1.5 years prior to the program start date for which they are applying. Applicants must submit all documentation through ERAS.
ERAS documents must include:
- Complete CV
- Personal statement
- USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 scores
- Three letters of recommendation (one from your Internal Medicine Residency Program Director) as well as a recent photograph.
The following medical school documentation must also be submitted:
- Copy of medical diploma and medical school transcript.
Once an applicant's ERAS file is complete, the interventional cardiology fellowship directors will review the application and, if appropriate, issue an invitation to interview for a fellowship position.
Interviews are extremely important as they allow us to meet the candidate and provide the candidate with an opportunity to meet our faculty, staff and current fellows, and to personally view the facilities.