Requirements to Apply to Connections Program
NOTICE: THE 2022 CONNECTIONS PROGRAM APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN! The Connections Application opened October 18th, 2021 and will remain open until December 17th, 2021 at 11:59 PM EDT. This year's application is open to high school seniors and University of Cincinnati full-time, first year, undergrads ONLY.
Connections Program students excel in their academic and extracurricular pursuits and have demonstrated commitment to a career in medicine through various medically-related activities. Our application process is competitive; students must score a minimum 29 composite on the ACT or 1300 composite on the SAT (not including the writing portion) to be eligible to apply. When considering applicants, the Connections Program considers a student’s highest ACT or SAT composite score and does not super-score multiple test administrations.
Students must be admitted to the University of Cincinnati undergraduate college to be eligible for the Connections Program. Students who do not complete the University of Cincinnati undergraduate application (via the Common Application) will not be considered for an interview for the program.
The Connections Program is open only to students who are US citizens or permanent residents at the time of application. Students attending a foreign school are eligible if they hold US citizen or permanent resident status.
Students admitted to the Connections Program receive an early assurance (i.e., reserved) seat in the UC College of Medicine four years after admission provided that they meet specific academic requirements as undergraduates:
- Earn a minimum AMCAS-calculated 3.50 cumulative GPA and a 3.50 BCPM GPA (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math).
- Graduate from the University Honors Program.
- Complete either the Minor in Medical Sciences or the Major in Medical Sciences.
- Earn a minimum score requirement on a single MCAT administration (no super-scoring); with a limit of two MCAT administrations that will be averaged to determine if the minimum required score has been met.
- Satisfactorily fulfill baccalaureate graduation requirements and complete their undergraduate degree in four years. Students in majors with a co-op requirement may take five years to complete their degree.