Fixed, false beliefs based on incorrect inference about external reality, not consistent with patient's intelligence or cultural background; cannot be corrected by reasoning. This patient is exhibiting grandiosity.
Mood congruence is assessment of whether the delusion is consistent with the stated mood.
Types of Delusions:
1. Thought Insertion/Withdrawal – External agency is inserting and/or withdrawing thoughts into/from the patient’s mind.
2. Erotomanic – Conviction of another’s sexual interest or desire for the patient.
3. Grandiose – Conviction of elevated importance, power, or knowledge, or that one is, or has a special relationship with, a deity or famous person.
4. Persecutory – Patient is being attacked, harassed or conspired against.
5. Bizarre – An absurd, totally implausible, strange false belief.
6. Thought Broadcasting – Thoughts are audible to others.