Our doctoral (PhD) degree program is designed to provide training for the next generation of scientists, innovators, and leaders in pharmacology. Students will engage in a contemporary curriculum including thesis research training in faculty mentored research programs.Thesis research will involve novel therapeutic target discovery and adding new knowledge to existing chemical and biological molecular entities.
Our program is top ranked in Ohio and is among the best in the Midwest.Alumni of our training program have advanced to successful careers in academia and in pharmaceutical and governmental organizations.
Why You Should Study at UC:
- Expert teachers and mentors to guide your learning of fundamental and cutting-edge knowledge.
- Top-ranked biomedical research to engage your enthusiasm for science.
- New science knowledge generation to which you can contribute.
- High faculty scholarly productivity in which you can participate.
- Excellent facilities to support your scholarly research activities.
UC’s areas of excellence are supported by independent ratings:
- UC is the No. 1 US institution in terms of managing research, learning spaces, online library, technology and Internet access, and in the top 15 international universities in terms of expert lecturers, good teachers, grading criteria, sports facilities, visa advice, finance office, welcome and student advising according to the 2011 International Student Barometer, the largest survey of international college students in the world
- UC is among the top 10 institutions in the USA in biomedical sciences faculty (includes pharmacology) scholarly productivity index (Academic Analytics rated 7,400 doctoral degree programs)
- UC one of America’s top 25 public research institutions (National Science Foundation), and among the top 100 US universities overall
- UC is among the top 150 of the world’s 2,833 institutions (2010) in our ability to generate scientific knowledge places us) ranked by the SCImago Research Group
Connect today on Twitter to UC at the #HottestCollegeinAmerica, an institution that has no interest in resting on a ranking; no problem in pushing boundaries and reimagining what’s possible; and no doubt in its ability to transform the lives of young people via first-class teaching, research, leadership and service.