Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship
About the Program
The Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine of the UC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has provided advanced training in Maternal Fetal Medicine to qualified physicians for more than two decades.
An outstanding basic research faculty complements an excellent clinical faculty, and together they provide a superb environment in which to train. Every effort is made to balance the training in all aspects of high-risk obstetrics.
The objectives of the fellowship are best summarized in two categories:
- To provide didactic and practical advanced training in the understanding and management of obstetric, medical and surgical complications of pregnancy.
- To provide advanced training in prenatal diagnosis and therapy.
- To link problems of fetal physiology to their impact upon newborn morbidity.
- To develop skills in prenatal diagnosis to include
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Umbilical vein sampling
- Chorion villus sampling
- Standard and Doppler ultrasound techniques
- To develop skills in special procedures including
- Fetal transfusion
- Abdominal Cervico-isthmic cerclage
- Critical care obstetrics
- To further skills as an academic OB-GYN educator
- To expand the fellow's understanding of experimental design.
- To broaden the fellow's competence in statistical design and evaluation.
- To design, implement and complete a research project suitable for a thesis.
Program Administrator, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Programs
UC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
PO Box 670526
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0526