Silvi Shah, MD, MS, FASN, FACP
Silvi Shah Lab – Women’s Health in Kidney Disease Research
I am an epidemiologist and clinical investigator in the Division in Nephrology and Hypertension with expertise in clinical outcome research. My research program focus lies at the intersection of women’s health, cardiovascular health and kidney disease. I am currently involved in investigator-initiated clinical and translational research studies; and industry sponsored national clinical trials.
Area of focus include:
- Sex disparities in cardiovascular health in kidney disease
- Pregnancy in patients with kidney disease
- Pregnancy in kidney transplant recipients
- Sex and racial disparities in dialysis vascular access
- Disparities in pre-dialysis health and long term outcomes in patients with end stage kidney disease
- Use of social media in innovative education tools
Shah Research Team
Collaborators: Our work is enriched by collaborations with, and mentorship from, investigators in various disciplines including Dr. Charuhas V. Thakar, Dr. Anthony C. Leonard, and Dr. Tiffany Grant. Please contact Dr. Shah if you would like to collaborate with our lab.
- Annette Christianson, MS
- Karthikeyan Meganathan, MS
- Srujana Vangala, MBBS
- Rohit Jain, MS
- Maasaki Yamada, MD
Students/Residents/Fellows: We welcome applications to do rotations with our research team. Highly motivated individuals enrolled in, or who have recently completed, MD or PhD programs. Please contact Dr. Shah directly.