About the SURF Programs
Are you an undergraduate science student, interested in scientific research and thinking about a career in Biomedical Research? You can get the experience you need to prepare for graduate school and a career in this expanding field by participating in one of our summer research programs.
The SURF Programs are designed for sophomore and junior level students who are US residents. Students must be able to commit to a 10 week program to do a research internship.
SURF students are matched with an appropriate faculty advisor, based on mutual research interest. The advisor and intern design a specific research project within the context of the research focus of the advisor's laboratory.
We typically award fellowships to 150 undergrads each summer to do clinical, translational, or basic biomedical research. You can apply to any or all of the following programs.
- Office of Graduate Education Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF - GE)
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF - CCHMC)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program in Neuroscience (SURF - Neuro)
- American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF - ASPET)
- Biomedical Informatics Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURF - Informatics)
- American Heart Association Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURF - Heart)