The Office of Graduate Education at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine recognizes and welcomes diversity among our students, faculty, and staff. Each day we are working to make UC a better and more just community. The University of Cincinnati recognizes a very broad and inclusive concept of diversity that includes demographics such as race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability status, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religion, and regional or national origin. Going forward, we emphasize that UC’s concept of diversity will retain the capacity to grow with our understanding.
As members of this community, we will
- Accept Responsibility by striving to build a learning community committed to these common values and principles.
- Celebrate the Uniqueness of Each Individual by respecting individual differences and promoting common interests.
- Embrace Freedom and Openness by working to create an environment that is safe and affirming, one that nurtures independent thinking and the free and open expression of ideas .
- Practice Civility by extending to those we meet the same respect, cooperation and caring that we expect from others.
- Promote Justice by working to build a learning environment that offers everyone an equal opportunity to grow, flourish and contribute.
- Pursue Learning and Scholarship by building on successes, learning from mistakes and pursuing quality in teaching, research and creative endeavors.
- Seek Integrity by aspiring to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Strive for Excellence by aspiring to achieve our fullest potential in our educational and personal pursuits.”
University of Cincinnati, Diversity & inclusion
Congratulations to our December 2019 Graduates that participated in Cincy-SACNAS
Gabriel Gracia-Maldonado, PhD