Curriculum & Schedule
Proposed Weekly Clinical Rotation Schedule:
|MSK FELLOWSHIP CLINICAL ROTATION SCHEDULE|
|AM||Spine Eval Clinic||MSK Clinic||Spine Clinic||Sports||Research|
|PM||Spine Interventions||MSK Clinic||Spine Interventions||MSK US||EMG|
The primary locations will include the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute Building[ https://vimeo.com/368806369], as well as UC Daniel Drake Center, UC Florence, and UC West Chester outpatient buildings.
Highlighted area of study each month for Spine and Ultrasound:
- Sacro-iliac joint
- Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Lumbar Zygapophyseal joints
- Cervical and thoracic ZA joints
- Lumbar and Caudal epidural procedures
- Cervical and Thoracic selective and interlaminar procedures
- Spinal Cord Stimulation/Neuromodulation
- US- guided joint and tendon procedures
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Chemodenervation procedures
- Regenerative medicine/ Emerging Technologies
- Business of medicine
- Introduction to Sonography/Physics
- Basic Pathology Concepts
- Wrist and Hand
- Ankle/Foot/Lower Leg
- Hip –Anterior and Upper Thigh
- Gluteal Hip and Upper Posterior Thigh
- Interventional Techniques
- Ultrasound of the Nerves
- Muscles/Lung/FAST Exam—POCUS
Bogduk N: Clinical Anatomy of the Lumbar Spine and Sacrum.
Bogduk N: Practice Guidelines for Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures.
Travell and Simons: Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual Volumes I and 2. Haymaker and Woodall: Peripheral Nerve Injuries.
Kimura J: Electrodiagnosis in Diseases of Nerve and Muscle.
McKeag and Moeller: ACSM’s Primary Care Sports Medicine.
Oh S: Principles of Clinical Electromyography Case Studies.
Jacobson, J: Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound.
- PM&R Department Weekly Grand Rounds
( 1 presentation later in year)
- Patient Case Conference — weekly case discussion, film review, and procedure planning. 1-hour conference with attending physicians to discuss options for best patient -centered care.
- Clinical “Quarterbacks Meeting” with Fellowship faculty
- Patient chart and case reviews
- Imaging presentation
- Consensus Care Plan
- Proctoring assignments
- Back, Neck, Spine Institute Weekly Physical Therapy Huddle
- MSK Journal Club( present an article at each)
- MSK Conference ( co- facilitator with PM&R residents)
- MSK UE and LE Ultrasound Hands- On CME conferences( 2).
- Fellow would be expected to formally present 1 lecture and assist with hands-on learning station.