Skip to main content

Program Overview

The Department of Internal Medicine (DOIM) at the University of Cincinnati is devoted to nurturing the professional development of new physicians. To ensure ALL trainees have every opportunity to pursue their academic interests, the DOIM has established career pathways to develop remarkable research scholars equipped to bring science to medicine.

The Basic/Translational Research Program offers an additional fellowship year to qualified prospective fellows who have a demonstrated interest in a research oriented academic career. This additional year will offer 80% protected research time under the supervision of a mentor to ensure the scholar is able to pursue a detailed research plan and develop the skills necessary to eventually establish an independent research program. The remaining 20% of the scholar’s time will be spent in clinical practice to retain and cultivate their clinical skills.

Throughout the program trainees participate in research scholar specific professional development opportunities, including personalized career mentoring.

Professional Development

UC’s Basic/Translational research fellows have many opportunities for professional development including formal course work, clinical lectures, travel stipends for scientific meetings, and close mentorship for their clinical and academic development.

Jack Rubinstein, MD
R38 Program

Liz Bauke
Program Manager
Phone: 513-558-2590

Intranet Login
Directory Search

Contact Us

Department of
Internal Medicine

Medical Sciences Building Room 6065
231 Albert Sabin Way
PO Box 670557
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0557

Phone: 513-558-4231
Fax: 513-558-0852