Coronavirus and Workplace Safety
Summary of COVID-19 information available for workers
Dr. Kermit Davis Fox19 interview: The Ergonomics of Working from Home
COVID-19 Research Seminar: Dr. Sergey Grinshpun: Respiratory Protection and Transmission Routes for SARS-CoV-2
Characterization of Aerosols from Musical Performance & Risk Mitigation Related to COVID 19 Pandemic
COVID-19 ERC special seminar, Dr. Jun Wang - download slides here
Home Healthcare Workers and the Coronavirus: How to Protect Yourself
Sponsored by the University of Cincinnati's Education and Research Center
To provide home healthcare personnel with the state-of-the-art knowledge about wearing personal protective equipment
To understand the application of respirators and masks in order to best protect yourself
To understand the common practical solutions to the scarcity of respirators, masks and other personal protection supplies
Preparing first responders, healthcare providers, and health systems: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cdc-in-action.html
Additional resources include:
- What to do if you’re sick (including when to discontinue home isolation)
- Are you at higher risk for severe illness?
- Cleaning and disinfection guidance for community, non-healthcare facilities
- EPA’s list of disinfectants to use against the virus that causes COVID-19
- Dr. Roy McKay's video on Respirator Fit Tests Using Sweet and/or Bitter Solutions below
Information Decontamination of Filtering Facepiece Respirators and Fit Testing During Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks
The following information is being provided on behalf of the NIOSH National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) in Pittsburgh:
- Information on Decontamination and Reuse of Filtering Facepiece Respirators using Contingency and Crisis Capacity Strategies is available at the following website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/decontamination-reuse-respirators.html.
The NIOSH Science Blog now includes the following topic:
- Need for Fit Testing During Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks by Maryann M. D’Alessandro, PhD; LT Megan Casey, RN, BSN, MPH; and Jaclyn Krah Cichowicz, MA;
- Here’s the link: https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2020/04/01/fit-testing-during-outbreaks/.
This page will be updated periodically as new resources become available.