Client Support Services
College of Medicine IT Client Support Services offers the following services:
- Central phone support (one number to initiate any IT request for COM IT).
- Deskside PC and Mac equipment support, including new system setups, installations, upgrades, updates, repair, virus cleanups, imaging and performance tuneups.
- Central IT equipment purchasing.
- Standard software purchase/licensing and auditing.
- Classroom equipment support.
- New technology/equipment discovery and testing.
- Encryption installation and key management for encrypted devices.
- Specialized lab equipment support and repair.
- Liaison with UC IT and UC Health IT for core services to expedite completion of service requests.
- Management of College of Medicine equipment inventory and refresh cycles.
- Management of warranty coverage and repairs with equipment vendors.
- Support of specialized third-party applications whenever possible.
- Training for standard software and equipment where applicable.
- Quality assurance personnel to track and improve customer service.
- PC equipment relocation/moving services.
- IT budgeting assistance, including support costs, refresh cycles etc.
- iOS and Android device support, including support for email, VPN, Citrix and wireless access.
- Active Directory support, including account maintenance and shared folder access