We can all do our part to keep the campus open and safe by following the social distancing guidelines 100% of the time.
In case that isn’t possible, make sure you make a note of who you were in close contact with, and where you were when the contact occurred.
Here’s the definition of close contact:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged, or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
If you were around someone who is found to be positive for COVID-19, but you were not in close contact with them, you do not need to quarantine.
If you learn that you have, in fact, had close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, you should:
- Stay home, do not come to campus. If you are a student living on campus, stay in your room, and let your RA know right away.
- Report to COVIDWatch@uc.edu, follow the instructions, and you will hear back by phone or email about next steps.
- You will be asked to quarantine for 14 days, during which you must not come to campus for any reason.
- If you live on campus, you should go home if possible. If this is not possible, UC Housing, Student Affairs and UHS will collaborate on providing meal delivery, medical care and other support services; however, depending on the size and scope of a surge, UC housing may not be available for all quarantined or isolated students
- If you live off-campus, information about how to isolate at home can be found here
How to isolate at home
- COVIDWatch clinicians will monitor your progress in the database, and as long as you remain free of symptoms, will provide you with a medical note that you may return to class or work on campus.
- For students only: You will be asked to get a test for COVID-19. UHS can make an appointment for you to be tested at UC Health, or you may be tested on or near campus, or you may be tested by your primary care provider, or you can get a test in the community. Call 513-556-2564 for an appointment for a COVID-19 test.
- For employees only: You must report to COVIDWatch@uc.edu. If you are a UCP or patient-facing UC employee at a UC Health facility, follow the COVIDWatch instructions and a test will be arranged through UC Health.
All other employees who wish to be tested should contact their personal physician and arrange for testing.