T32 Grant Application Resources
The following links have been developed to assist faculty with preparation of T32 grant applications and progress reports. Much of the data has been collected by the Office of Graduate Education. Some of the text comes from grants proposals prepared by individual PI’s. Please respect their intellectual ownership by using their text as a model and writing your own document (i.e. do not plagiarize!). Information about institutional resources can be used as is.
As material quickly becomes dated, the date of preparation is included in all file names.
1. NIH program Announcements and Instructions
Contains links to program announcements and instructions (which are often difficult to find)
2. Examples of Successful Grants
4. Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
Includes NIH document detailing RCR training requirements, syllabi for COM Ethics in Research and Ethics Refresher courses, and lists of faculty who have taught or led discussion sessions in these courses.
5. Institutional Information and Facilities
Includes boilerplate introductory information about UC and descriptions of core facilities, institutes and centers to be used for preparation of the facilities and environment document
6. Independent Development Plans and Career Development Opportunities
Includes guides and forms for IDP preparation, information about the Biomedical Careers course, the Preparing Future Faculty course, grant writing workshops and other career development opportunities open to students and postdocs at UC and CCHMC.
7. Minority Recruitment, Support and COM Statistics Includes descriptions of URM (under represented minority) recruitment efforts by the Office of Graduate Education, examples of sections from previously submitted T32 grants, UC programs to support URM trainees and data about URM graduate student enrollment and graduation rates.