College of Medicine Research Core Facilities
The UC College of Medicine houses a number of research core facilities designated as core service centers. These facilities exist within multiple departments but are collectively supported by the College of Medicine, Office of Research through the Associate Dean for Research Core Facilities: Ken Greis, PhD. (email@example.com; Tel: 515-558-7012).
The service center designation signifies that the rates charged by each of these facilities have been reviewed and approved by the UC government cost compliance office, thus the service fees can be cross-charged to federal grants and contracts. Details related to the services offered and the internal rates for each of the cores are provided below. Since these rates are substantially subsidized by the University, external investigators should contact individual core directors to get a rate quote.
Resources to offset some of the cost of the core services may be available through a variety of centers and institutes across UC depending on an investigator’s affiliation. Information related to some of those opportunities and the website links are provided below:
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) Just-in-Time Core Support
- Cincinnati Cancer Center (CCC) Just-in-Time Shared Facilities Award
- Center for Environmental Genetics (CEG) Integrative Technologies Support
Biosafety Level 3 Facility (BSL3)
BioSafety Level 3/Animal Biosafety Level 3 Facility
- BSL3/ABSL3 facility is a state-of-the-art high containment research facility designed for both in vitro and in vivo research requiring biosafety level 3 (BSL3) containment.
- Research conducted within the facility furthers the understanding and development of diagnostics and treatments for potentially life-threatening infectious diseases.
- The facility is available for use by UC investigators as well as external institutions. Please contact the director for details.
- Yearly core fees paid quarterly.
- Consumable supplies utilized.
- Provide basic and advanced technical services on a fee-for-service basis.
- Manage and implement in vitro and in vivo research protocols.
- Serve as scientific collaborators.
- Provide user training and maintain regulatory requirements.
231 Albert Sabin Way
- Suman Pradhan, PhD, Director