Considering a Gap Year Experience?
A gap year can be an exciting time to discover an unknown passion, develop unique skills, switch career paths, or strengthen your GPA or MCAT scores to enhance your application. The MS in Pharmacology program provides a medically-relevant experience with numerous opportunities to explore your scientific research interests, develop critical thinking and scientific communication skills while gaining a foundation in Safety Pharmacology & Drug Toxicology.
The MS in Pharmacology program provides a medically focused track.
Students on the Medical Track gain:
- Educational foundation in Pharmacology
- Access to challenging elective courses throughout UCCOM
- Research Rotations with UC or Cincinnati Children's faculty
- Professional Development support
- Personal Statement Workshops
- Medical School Interviewing Workshops
- Medical School Application Workshops
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Exposure to an alternative career path in Drug Development and PreClinical Drug Safety.