Qualifications for Admission
We encourage undergraduate as well as graduate students with an interest in preclinical drug safety to apply to our MS in Pharmacology program. Many of our applicants have a broad background of scientific training with experience in a number of life science disciplines e.g., biological sciences, biochemistry, biophysics, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, life sciences, neuroscience, pharmacology, physiology, or pharmaceutical sciences. Previous biomedical research experience is helpful but not required for admission. We also highly encourage underrepresented minority students to apply as competitive scholarship funds are available.
All aspects of your application are considered and we encourage you to contact our office if you have any questions.
A successful candidate will have:
- completed a BA or BS degree before matriculation
- an undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- TOEFL score ≥ 90
Our recent matriculants have had:
- an average GPA of 3.4
- an average combined GRE score of 300 OR an MCAT score of 500 (Currently Waived)
- International Applicant Deadline: March 1st
- Domestic Applicant Deadline: July 18th