Coronavirus Emergency Plan
- Face-to-face instruction is suspended for the foreseeable future – class instruction will now be conducted remotely. Registered students are expected to follow instructions from their relevant Course Director(s) by logging on to their course(s) on the appropriate Blackboard or Canvas learning management system.
- Graduate students whose predominant duties involve daily attendance in a research laboratory will be expected to follow the guidelines in force for all laboratory personnel, whether faculty, staff or student. Details of these can be found at the following website: Coronavirus
- Students working in laboratories at CCHMC should follow the guidelines from either CCHMC or UC – whichever are the most restrictive.
- College of Medicine Graduate Student Program Continuation Plans During COVID-19 Emergency
- Suggestions for Graduate Student Research Progress
- CAPS - 24 Hour Crisis Helpline 513-556-0648
- Virtual Meditation and Mindfulness During Quarantine
- Comprehensive information on how to prepare for teaching remotely in order to provide continuity of learning for your students can be found at the following CET&L website: Remote Teaching
- Some options for instructors to consider in terms of teaching remotely or holding committee meetings, etc. are also provided in this linked document: Options for Instructors
Thesis and dissertation defenses/qualifying exams/committee meetings
- The strong recommendation is that these various types of face-to-face meeting be held remotely if at all possible. It is expected that the Chair of such committees be responsible for arranging this in advance so that all participants are aware
of the means by which the meeting will take place
- Guidelines for how to accomplish this are best left to the committee chair – there are a variety of web conferencing and phone conferencing tools by which this can be accomplished. Please read the following linked document for a fuller explanation
of the recommended guidelines for all such meetings: Guidelines for Remote Thesis and Dissertation Defenses
For more complete information regarding Office of Graduate Education Response Plans during the Coronavirus emergency please see the following document: Office of Graduation Education COVID-19 Response Plan