Facilities & Equipment
Residents in the Department of Diagnostic Radiology spend approximately 75% of their time at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, the sponsoring institution.
Residents also rotate through Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, one of the premier pediatric facilities in the country, and the Cincinnati Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
234 Goodman Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Opening in 1823 as the country’s first teaching hospital, UC Medical Center has an international reputation, bringing thousands of people, from the region and around the world, to Cincinnati to receive care from world-renowned physicians in state-of-the-art medical facilities. UC Medical Center is home to the region's only adult Level I trauma center and is consistently ranked a "Best" hospital byU.S.News & World Report.
- 726 bed facility
- 75,000 visits to the ED annually
- Only level-1 trauma center in the Tristate area
- Serves both quaternary care patients as well as the Hamilton County indigent patient population
- Double and triple attending coverage, 24 hours a day
- Clinical Decision Unit for observational medicine
- Home of the Greater Cincinnati Stroke team-national leaders in the treatment of acute stroke
- Home of University Air Care & Mobile Care
- Psychiatric social services 24 hours a day
- Excellent social services and ancillary staff 24 hours a day
3200 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45220-2213
The Cincinnati VA honor's America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being. The Cincinnati VA consists of two divisions located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and Fort Thomas, Ky. Together, it provides services to 17 counties in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
- 1.5 and 3T MRI, 640 MDCT with CT Fluoroscopy, 1 Interventional Radiology suite
- Diagnostic and Vascular Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, & DR
- Phillips IntelliSpace PACS with PowerScribe voice transcription
333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, a nonprofit academic medical center established in 1883, is one of the oldest and most distinguished pediatric hospitals in the United States, ranking as one of the top three pediatric hospitals in the country.
- 66,500 visits to the Emergency Department annually
- Pediatric level one trauma center
- Staffed 24 hours a day by fellowship-trained Pediatric Emergency Physicians
- International reputation for patient care, education and outreach
- An additional suburban community pediatric experience for senior residents at CCHMC-affiliated Liberty campus, 20 miles from CCHMC.
- Clinicians and researchers at CCHMC have academic appointments to the UC College of Medicine.