Social Justice & Determinants of Health Journal Club
Social Justice & Determinants of Health Journal Club is an opportunity for students to discuss articles about social justice, equity, diversity, and determinants of health in public health. Get to know your peers, gain knowledge through thoughtful discussion, and learn from diverse perspectives. In addition, journal club provides students the opportunity to be informed of current and important public health and social justice literature, learn more about research methodology and community health approaches, and consider key aspects of health equity while fostering leadership skills.
Journal Club Guidelines:
- Read the posted article before the meeting.
- Participation is voluntary (but it is highly encouraged to gain the most benefit from attending).
- Be vulnerable, be courageous, be curious, be kind and thoughtful.
- Listen to understand, not respond. Please be respectful to others.
- Keep confidentiality and don't tell others stories.
- If you are facilitating a meeting, please provide the article title 2 weeks prior to the journal club meeting.
- All should have the opportunity to participate in the discussion so please be mindful and allow others to give their perspectives.
Social Justice & Determinants of Health Journal Club Articles
Journal Club meets one Friday per month at 12pm. All students are welcomed. If there is an article you would like to suggest for an upcoming meeting or if you would like to facilitate, please email Dr. Burbage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journal Club Facilitators
Michelle Burbage, PhD; Assistant Professor, Public Health Sciences Division
Ardythe Morrow, PhD; Professor, Epidemiology Division
Arthur Cobb, MPH student; Public Health Sciences Division
Shannon Conrey, MS; PhD Candidate, Epidemiology Division; MECEH Fellow
Dani McBride, PhD Candidate; Epidemiology Division
Department of Environmental & Public Health Sciences
Division of Public Health Sciences
Kettering Lab Building
160 Panzeca Way
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0056
Mail Location: 0056