Congratulations, Future MedCats, and Welcome to Cincinnati Medicine’s Class of 2024!
Your medical school Orientation marks the start of one of the most exciting and demanding times of your educational career. To help make this process as smooth as possible, please read-on to learn about #MedCat2024 Orientation.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the format of this year’s MedCat Orientation and White Coat Ceremony have been re-imagined! The newly revised program (including links and details for all mandatory sessions) has now been sent to your UC email address. See below for further details.
- The mandatory MedCat Orientation program will begin Monday, August 3rd and go through Friday, August 7th 2020.
- (Mandatory) Small group, in-person sessions will begin Monday, August 3rd so it is important to be physically settled in Cincinnati prior to that date.
- In compliance with COVID-19 precautions, your schedule will be staggered to allow for you to complete the required in-person sessions (and meet your classmates) and also view some virtual sessions from home.
- The official MedCat Orientation schedule was sent to your UC email address on July 24th and was titled "IMPORTANT: Your MedCat Orientation Experience". Check it out!
White Coat Ceremony: With the assistance of current and incoming MedCats, this year’s White Coat Ceremony has officially been reimagined: the Class of 2024 will participate in two White Coat ceremonies at Cincinnati Medicine! See below for additional details. You may also visit the White Coat Ceremony website.
(Virtual) White Coat Ceremony: Saturday, September 5, 2020 - The Cincinnati Medicine community is eager to virtually celebrate our traditional welcome and rite of passage into medical school for the Class of 2024. Programming during and subsequent to MedCat Orientation will facilitate this virtual ceremony. The ceremony will be broadcast on Saturday 9/5/20 so that it can be shared by our newest MedCats with their loved ones. Additional details are forthcoming!
(In-Person & Enhanced) Student Clinician Ceremony: TBD, June 2022 - For the class of 2024 whose White Coat Ceremony was affected by COVID-19, Cincinnati Medicine will host an enhanced Student Clinician ceremony in June of 2022. This ceremony will represent the in-person White Coat Ceremony typically held at matriculation. MedCats will invite their loved ones to Cincinnati to participate in a ceremony that marks the students’ transition into the immersive clinical component of their medical education. Details will be communicated with students during the 2021-22 academic year.
Parking Permits: The parking permit requirement has also been removed from your Castlebranch portal due to COVID-19 changes. Below is the most up-to-date information:
- Summer Parking Passes (now through 8/8/20): parking passes are not required at this time.
- Note: parking during Orientation Week (8/3-8/7) will be free of charge!
- Fall Semester Parking Passes (8/9/20 – 12/18/20): passes will go on sale beginning July 13th.
- Please visit the Parking Services website to purchase your pass. The Eden Medical term is the recommended option. This pass will be active through December 31st.
- Due to COVID, if parking on-campus in the fall is not required, parking permits purchased in advance of the Fall semester will be refunded via Parking Services/the Office of the Bursar
Student Orientation Leaders (SOLs): We recognize that social distancing provides unique challenges as you start to build connections with your fellow classmates. Please know that your SOLs are hard at work, devising a plan to create as many opportunities (both for virtual and in-person small groups) so that you can meet one another beginning this summer and leading into Orientation Week! You’ll hear from them beginning the week of 6/8/20.
Stethoscope Sale: Cincinnati Medicine’s AMSA chapter offers an annual stethoscope sale to help you obtain your required equipment while also supporting your classmates. You are not required to purchase through this sale, but if you do your equipment will be here waiting for you by Orientation week. Please click here to view the flyer.
MedCat Orientation Student Organization Fair
You'll have the opportunity to talk with over 70 student organizations at Orientation! Be sure to check out the annual student organization fair to be held on Thursday, August 6th. The fair will be sponsored by your Medical Student Association (MSA), the governing body of Cincinnati Medicine’s student organizations. Below is a list of the organizations that were in attendance at the 2019 MedCat Orientation. As the list of student organizations continues to grow, we expect to add even more for the upcoming year!
MedCat Student Organizations