About the Program
The University of Cincinnati's Podiatric Medicine & Surgery Residency Program with Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery is one of the few university-based programs in the country. University of Cincinnati Medical Center is a well-established institution with a long and rich history as one of the nation's leading teaching hospitals. As a competitive residency program, a resident can expect to receive spectacular training that will effectively prepare him/her for practice in the academic and private arenas.
How to Apply
The program currently takes one resident per year, and accepts applicants from all podiatric medical schools.
Visiting is highly recommended, and externships are now available.
Application is through CASPR.
- The Podiatric resident team is currently comprised in a 2/2/2 model for first, second, and third years of training.
- Opportunity to interact with 53 other residency programs.
- High in Surgical Volume/Diverse Pathology in Clinic & Inpatient Encounters.
- Strong emphasis on Diabetic Limb Salvage.
- Weekly didactics with Chapter Review of a major Foot & Ankle text.
- Monthly Journal Club with Christ & Jewish Hospital - Cincinnati Residents.
- Resident run clinic twice weekly with diverse patient load, medical assistant & nurse.
- 11 attendings.
- Level 1 Trauma Center with diverse podiatric pathology.
- Access to affordable & quality housing close to the hospital.
- Enjoy the many amenities Cincinnati has to offer such as low cost of living, restaurants, major sports teams, and more.
- The program currently takes one resident per year, and accepts applicants from all podiatric medical schools.