to everyone who applied for the 2018 MSK Fellowship. We have filled our one available position.
About the Program
The Musculoskeletal Fellowship Program is a non-accredited subspecialty training program committed to integrating high academic and professional competency standards into a comprehensive training curriculum.
Our goal is to train highly competent and qualified radiology subspecialists in musculoskeletal radiology who will support patient care as effective members of the clinical care team with strong interpretive skills, knowledge of appropriate diagnostic radiology tools and cost effective resource utilization.
Goals and Objectives
The objectives of the Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship are to:
- Educate fellows in advanced interpretation of radiography, computed tomography (CT) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Training in fluoroscopy, ultrasound and CT guided procedures.
- Provide an opportunity for clinical education and academic research using the resources and clinical material available at University Hospital.
Selection of applicants will be supervised by the Program Director, with the consultation of other faculty members in the division. Applicants are selected based on a review of submitted documentation, relative academic strength and other criteria determined by the Program Director. Applicants must have an MD or DO degree from an accredited institution, completed an ACGME-accredited residency in diagnostic radiology and must be eligible for board certification or certified by the American Board of Radiology. Applicants must also be eligible for licensure by the State Medical Board of Ohio.
If you are interested in applying to the body imaging program, please submit the following materials to the fellowship coordinator:
- Completed Fellowship Application
- Current CV
- Personal statement including goals and professional plans
- Three letters of recommendation including a letter from the director of your residency program. Letters of recommendation must be less than six months old.
- Copies of USMLE transcripts (Steps 1, 2, and 3 are required prior to beginning fellowship)
- Photo (optional)
Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview with the Program Director, other members of the section faculty, and the current fellows. Interviews are conducted on an on-going basis; however, we anticipate filling the fellowship by mid-September.
International Medical Graduates
IMGs interested in applying to our program must register with the National Match (if applicable). University of Cincinnati Medical Center sponsors J-1 visas only. Individuals must have graduated from medical school within the past five years, completed an ACGME-accredited four-year residency in diagnostic radiology, be board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Radiology, must have passed all steps of the USMLE (including Step 3) and possess a permanently validated ECFMG certificate. The ECFMG certificate must be valid at the start of fellowship or the fellow forfeits his/her position in the program. A valid Ohio medical license or training certificate must be obtained prior to start of training. Fellows are selected on the basis of their medical training, general and academic achievements, and personal qualities. No preference is given to any particular medical school or geographic area, nor is race, sex, or national origin a consideration.
In addition to the documents listed above, IMGs must also include in their application:
- Verification of ECFMG certification and photocopies of all USMLE exam results
- Copy of medical diploma (translation required)
- Medical School transcript
- Copies of previous GME experience (translation required)