How to Apply
Interested candidates for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience’s Addiction Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine Research Fellowships are invited to discuss their training interests with:
Shannon C. Miller, M.D., DFASAM, DFAPA, CTTS
Director, Education and Training
Professor Clinical Psychiatry
Point of Contact: Melissa Turner, Melissa.Turner2@va.gov, 513-475-6378
Fellowship requirements into our program include:
- A completed fellowship application.
- An official medical school transcript impressed with the medical school seal and an original or notarized copy of medical school diploma.
- A Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter) from the medical school from which Resident graduated.
- A minimum of 3 letters of reference specific to fellowship training in the addiction field.
- Proof of employment eligibility. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must have active, unexpired visas that allow for clinical training or evidence of permanent U.S. immigrant status. This visa must remain active during the entire period of Fellow’s participation in the Fellowship Program.
- Graduates of foreign medical schools, both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals, must have a current and valid ECFMG certification.
- A permanent license to practice medicine in the State of Ohio or a training certificate granted by the State Medical Board of Ohio. A resident may participate in the training program if the Hospital has received an acknowledgment letter from the State Medical Board that Resident’s application for either a permanent license or training certificate has been received. Addiction Medicine Research candidates may have an unrestricted license from any state.
- Documentation of successful passage of Step 1 , Step 2 Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills of the United States Medical Licensing Examination/and or COMLEX equivalents. This documentation must be submitted prior to the trainee’s program start date.
If applying for Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, candidate must
a. Be board-eligible (for board certification in psychiatry)
b. Provide copies of PRITE scores
- Such other and future information that Hospital may request in connection with Resident’s credentials.
Addiction Psychiatry Application (DOC)
Addiction Medicine Research Fellowship Application (PDF)